The Tribeca Film Festival will be holding its 16th annual event in 2017, and today the organisers have announced not only the dates for the festival but also the opening up of the premiere submission process.
In the past submissions to premiere content at the festival were restricted to feature films, short films and the experimental storytelling (Storyscapes) program. Now this has been opened up so that storytellers can submit works to debut at the event’s Virtual Arcade (virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and 360-degree films), the TV section (episodic storytelling, anticipated premieres and independent pilots) and online and digital work in the N.O.W program.
“Tribeca is a forward thinking storytelling festival and we have been supporting work that goes beyond the big screen for many years. As the technology and tools proliferate in the creative community and new distribution models emerge we feel it is the right time to expand and support artists on these growing platforms in a broader way,” said festival director Genna Terranova.
For US and International films submission deadlines for the Tribeca Film Festival are:
6th September, 2016: Submissions open.
- 19th October, 2016: Early Deadline for feature and short films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
- 23rd November, 2016: Official Entry Deadline A, for feature films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
- 2nd December, 2016: Official Entry Deadline B, for short films and all experiential storytelling.
- 14th December, 2016: Late Entry Deadline for feature length world-premiere films only and TV and episodic work.
- 13th January, 2017: Early Deadline for Tribeca X award.
- 15th February, 2017: Official Deadline for Tribeca X award.
The Tribeca Film Festival will take place in New York City from 19th – 30th April 2017. For further details head to the festival submissions page, and VRFocus will report back with any new announcements on the 2017 event as they’re released.
Tribeca Film Festival Announces 2017 Dates
via VRFocus http://ift.tt/2b6P015